Duration of employment: up to 5 years
Employment level in hours per week: 40 (full-time)
Work location: Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences (Prague, Czech Republic)
Expected start date: autumn 2023
The successful candidate will join a team that seeks to investigate how disruptive changes in personal life (e.g. subjective health, stress, life dissatisfaction, poverty) and in society (e.g. pandemic, war in Ukraine, economic shocks, migration) are related to changes in social/political attitudes and behavior. The candidate will be part of a project that employs panel surveys to examine the longitudinal effect of the disruptive changes. In his or her work, the postdoctoral researcher will use data from existing Czech panel surveys and at the same time participate in a newly emerging panel survey.
The advertised position is based at the department of Social Stratification at Institute of Sociology of the Czech Academy of Sciences. This is a full time postdoctoral position, which focuses on research including research management activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for data collection and carrying out research in collaboration with the team leader and other team members of this project.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- collaborate on questionnaire development,
- provide support regarding fieldwork and data management,
- analyze survey data,
- contribute as a main author or co-author to academic articles and research reports,
- present his or her research at conferences and seminars.
- completed or nearly completed doctoral degree in Psychology, Sociology, Political Science or other relevant discipline,
- quantitative methodology skills,
- excellent spoken and written English,
- the person appointed is to carry out the job on location in Prague.
- Curriculum Vitae including list of publications (max. 5 pages),
- Motivation letter (1-2 pages).
Applications are accepted via email to email@example.com latest September 22nd 2023. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews. The employment starts as soon as possible or as agreed after completion of all entry formalities. For additional queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice for applicants with residence outside the Czech Republic: This position may be the candidate’s only place of employment and taxes, health and social insurance paid in the Czech Republic and/or in line with the relevant tax and insurance laws.
By replying to this advertisement or by sending your CV and/or other materials, you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of job placement in accordance with EU Regulation No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons. You can withdraw your consent at any time.