50% position for 4-years until 31 March 2021
Description of the project
The Institute of Sociology, Czech Academy of Sciences is the coordinator of GENDERACTION (GENDer equality in the ERA Community To Innovate policy implementatiON), a 4-year project funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020. The overall goal of the project is to create an innovative policy community for the implementation of gender equality policy priority in the European Research Area by setting up a network of national representatives from EU Member States (MS) and Associated Countries (AC). GENDERACTION will support MS and AC by providing networking opportunities for relevant national authorities who have the task of pushing for implementation gender equality policy in science, and provide policy advice for impact at EU level.
Description of responsibilities
The Institute of Sociology of the Academy of Sciences is seeking candidates to fill as soon as possible the position of an EU project manager. The project manager will be responsible for the management of the GENDERACTION project under the supervision of the project coordinator at the Institute of Sociology, Czech Academy of Sciences.
- Communicating with the project partners across Europe regarding monitoring the progress towards completion of tasks and budget spending;
- Preparing project reports for the European Commission;
- Organising meetings, preparing documents and drafting minutes;
- Attending meetings abroad max. 3 times per year;
- Maintaining the project website and social media presence.
Ideal start date: 1st July
Type of contract: Part-time (20 hours a week)
Place: Centre for Gender and Science, Institute of Sociology, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague 1, Czech Republic
- Strong organization and time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks effectively and respect deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Understanding of public policy, ideally in the field of gender equality and /or science;
- Motivated to learn about the field of gender equality policy in science at national and EU levels;
- Supportive of gender equality;
- Advanced English, written and oral;
- Command of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Friendly academic collective
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Competitive salary in the Czech public research sphere
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 11 June 2017.
For further information please contact project coordinator, Dr. Marcela Linkova, phone +420 210 310 322 or by e-mail at marcela(dot)linkova(at)soc(dot)cas(dot)cz.